Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Once Upon a Midnight Weary

Since the day I started this project, sleep has been in short supply. I'm tired, and I can't think. This is bad, as thinking is how I earn my pay. Thinking is what I need to do to take this thing to the next level. I'd like to just go to sleep, but the workday remains

Now that I think of it, no it doesn't. I'm self employed. The workday ends when I say it does.

Heh.

I've reached the point where I want to share the fruit of my creative endeavors, but they aren't yet ripe. As a compromise, I'll be vaguebooking here. No one reads this anyway.  It's the perfect compromise. Someone might see it, (the world's moved on to Tumblr, though) so it's as if I'm sharing. Yet, it's vanishingly unlikely that anyone will be spoiled by a post here, or get their hopes up for a product I can't actually deliver.

Now that the introduction is over, the meat of the story is that the story isn't meaty enough. It's lean on action. This is a problem because later parts of the story are quite heavy on action. given the comparatively slow pace of the delivery, I feel like having the action build suddenly, just before the second half, would be...wrong. One might (rightfully) accuse me of pulling a Cerberus.

Huh. What do ya know. This has already been profitable.

No comments: